These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
Digital incident report not uploaded by press time (Monday morning, Aug. 28).
• A car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 300 block of Rosewood Ave.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $370 by a person purporting to be an Enterprise representative who asked the resident to purchase gift cards and transfer the information.
• More than $5,000 in fraudulent charges reportedly were made from a resident’s bank account.
• Mailed checks reportedly were stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000.
• More than $1,000 in unauthorized charged reportedly were made to a resident’s credit card.
• A mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed for $3,000.
• An unlocked car reportedly was stolen from a driveway in the 100 block of Myrtle Street.
• Cash reportedly was stolen from an unlocked car on Essex Road.
• More than $5,000 in airline miles reportedly were stolen from a resident’s account and used in unauthorized transactions.
No reports that meet The Record’s standards for publication.
• More than $800 in items reportedly were stolen around 3:52 p.m. from Ulta, 135 Skokie Valley Road.
• More than $2,000 in items reportedly were stolen from Ulta, 135 Skokie Valley Road.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from the rear of a residence in the 500 block of Rogers William Avenue.
• Cosmetics reportedly were stolen around 6 p.m. from Walgreens, 1825 Willow Road.
No activity reported between Aug. 18-25
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.