These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• A car reportedly was stolen sometime between Jan. 13-17 from the front of a residence in the 300 block of Skokie Blvd.
• A home reportedly was broken into at 1:58 p.m. in the 3100 block of Walden Lane. Nothing was reported missing.
• Two women were arrested on Skokie Court for reportedly offering sexual services in exchange for money to an undercover Wilmette police officer. The women were each charged with one count of misdemeanor prostitution.
• A resident reportedly surrendered $600 in gift cards in response to a scammer who emailed the resident that there was an issue with the resident’s personal banking account.
• A resident reportedly purchased $3,250 in gift cards after a scammer called and said the resident was being investigated by a crime and needed to purchase and send gift cards to get out of it.
• $3,700 reportedly was withdrawn from a resident’s bank account without the resident’s permission.
• Bundles of copper reportedly were stolen from a construction site in the 1200 block of Central Avenue.
• A Zion man was arrested for reportedly discharging a firearm during a driving dispute on Aug. 25 at Route 41 and Central Avenue. According to police, the man fired two rounds at another car, striking the car with one of them.
• Three concrete walls in Winnetka (878 Green Bay Road, 299 Green Bay Road, Hill Road and Wilson Street) reportedly were defaced with spray paint causing collective damage of about $1,000.
• A resident’s mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $5,000 between Dec. 10-16.
• More than $5,000 in jewelry reportedly was stolen between Oct. 5-Nov. 14, 2022, from a home in the 1300 block of Asbury Avenue.
• More than $5,000 in fraudulent charges reportedly were made to a T-mobile account established in a resident’s name without the resident’s knowledge.
• A home in the 500 block of Washington Avenue reportedly was broken into at 1:33 p.m. Police say two rear doors had pry marks and a third rear door was forced open.
• A car reportedly was stolen off the lot of Carmax, 2000 Frontage Road, sometime between 12:45 p.m. and 6 p.m. The dealership reported having both key fobs in its possession.
• A check meant for a local employee (North Shore Congregation of Israel) reportedly was stolen and cashed into an unknown account.
• A resident’s mailed check reportedly was stolen, altered and cashed in an amount exceeding $13,000.
• Two bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen from Mariano’s, 1822 Willow Road.
• Responding to a residential burglar alarm at 7:24 p.m. in the 0-100 block of Bristol Road, police reportedly found someone had attempted to enter a home by prying open a rear door and window.
• Two laptops and a jewelry box reportedly were stolen overnight from a home in the 500 block of Melrose Avenue. Police say entry was made through an unlocked rear door.
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.