These reports were pulled from the latest police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth and Glencoe).
• Fireworks reportedly caused a small fire at 10:57 p.m. at Thornwood Park in the 2300 block of Kenilworth Avenue.
• A bicycle reportedly was stolen from a garage in the 100 block of Park Avenue.
• An unlocked bicycle reportedly was stolen between 7:30-9 p.m. from a bike rack at the Gillson Park sailing beach, 700 Michigan Ave.
• A purse reportedly was stolen between 4:25-5 p.m. from an estate sale in the 200 block of Linden Avenue.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a work van in the 100 block of Green Bay Road.
• A drawstring backpack containing cash and cards reportedly was stolen from the Gillson Park sailing beach, 700 Michigan Ave.
• A car’s rear window reportedly was shattered overnight in the 900 block of Greenwood Avenue.
• A ring valued at $17,000 reportedly was missing when a package in which it was sent arrived at its destination
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of more than $10,000 by an emailer claiming to be with Homeland Security. The emailer reportedly requested $8,800 worth of gift cards and $2,000 in a Zelle payment in response to an alleged warrant for the resident’s arrest.
• A wallet containing credit cards reportedly was stolen at 1:50 p.m. from Jewel, 411 Green Bay Road
• A bicycle worth $400 reportedly was stolen between 5:12-5:15 p.m. from an unlocked garage in the 800 block of Hill Road.
• Nearly $900 reportedly was fraudulently charged to a resident’s credit and debit cards after the cards were taken from the resident’s car parked at the Skokie Country Club, 500 Washington Ave.
• A small fire in a home’s basement reportedly was put out by the Northfield Fire Department. The fire reportedly was caused by an extension cord within a basement wall in a home in the 500 block of Woodland Lane North.
• Bottles of liquor reportedly were stolen at 8:32 p.m. from Mariano’s, 1822 Willow Road.
• A brick reportedly was thrown through the front window of a home in the 1600-1700 block of Harding Road.
No reports between July 5-11 that fit The Record’s standards for publication
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and are not a complete listing of all police activity. The Record does not publish the names of individuals arrested and named in in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.