These reports were pulled from the most recent police summaries provided by departments in our coverage area (Wilmette, Winnetka, Highland Park, Northfield, Kenilworth, and Glencoe).
• A automobile reportedly was stolen between July 13-Aug. 16 from the 1900 block of Schiller Avenue.
• A locked bicycle reportedly was stolen from the train station within the 700 block of Green Bay Road.
• A locked electric bicycle reportedly was stolen from the CTA station within the 300 block of Linden Avenue.
• A resident reportedly was scammed out of $300 by an individual online who claimed to be selling concert tickets.
• Two bicycles reportedly were stolen from a property within the 1200 block of Elmwood Avenue.
• Donated items reportedly were stolen from a storage area at 700 Oak St.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen between Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 from a automobile within the 1100 block of Merrill St.
• A Palatine resident was arrested on an excellent warrant for allegedly stealing the tip jar from Hometown Coffee and Juice on April 30.
• Jewelry valued at nearly $62,000 reportedly went missing in June. Based on the report, the jewellery owner believes the jewellery was in donated clothing
• A change purse reportedly was stolen from a automobile within the 300 block of Bluff St.
• A automobile reportedly was stolen from a driveway within the 800 block of Old Trail.
• Two packages reportedly were stolen from a front porch within the 3100 block of Warbler Place.
• Two packages reportedly were stolen on Sept. 7 between 1:30-2:30 p.m. from a front porch within the 1100 block of Kent Avenue.
• Cosmetics valued at greater than $1,000 reportedly were stolen from Walgreens, 655 Elm Place.
• A backpack containing a laptop, AirPods, and money reportedly were stolen from an individual at Highland Park Hospital, 777 Park Ave.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a automobile at a hotel within the 1500 block of County Line Road.
• Two vacuum cleaners and clothing reportedly were stolen from Goal, 2099 Skokie Valley Road.
• A locked bicycle and several other bike parts reportedly were stolen from Latest Trier High School, 7 S. Happ Road.
No activity reported between Sept. 8-15
The Record’s police reports are taken from police-activity summaries prepared by local police departments. Police Reports contain public information from preliminary reports and will not be a whole listing of all police activity. The Record doesn’t publish the names of people arrested and named in preliminary reports unless the incident is a matter of public safety or has significant community implications. All arrestees are innocent until proven guilty.