David Finfer is a senior quarterback for the Giants. He was All-Conference his sophomore and junior seasons and in Highland Park’s 42-35 victory on Friday, Sept. 8, he threw for 360 yards and ran for 140 more.
1. Do you’ve got any pregame rituals or superstitions?
No, not likely, just take heed to music. (What kind?) Country, it soothes my nerves.
2. What do hope to do after college?
Play college football. (Recruiting) goes good to date, here and there, but I’m excited.
3. What’s your dream job?
Probably an NFL physical therapist. I just think it’s cool.
4. What’s your favorite thing to do off the sphere?
Hang around with my friends, hang around with my brothers (Jack, 23, and Joey, 21) and watch football.
5. Who’s your favorite athlete?
Joe Burrow (QB — NFL, Cincinnati Bengals). I like the best way he plays the sport, I like the best way he plays the swagger.
6. If could play one other sport, what wouldn’t it be?
Probably hockey. My brother (Joey) played hockey and it was all the time an interesting sport to me.
7. In case you’re in Walgreens with a pair bucks, what are you purchasing?
Probably a bag of Skittles and a Sprite.
8. What’s your all-time sports highlight?
I might should say junior 12 months that first touchdown throw (to Emmet Pulte) against Leyden, crowd erupted. It was a giant throw modified the sport.
9. What’s something people don’t find out about you?
I wish to draw. Little drawings of various movie characters and video game characters.
10. How does the team feel after the large win to maneuver to 2-1?
We’re feeling great. We have now an excellent team, an excellent group of men. Our goal is to obviously to make the playoffs and win conference. I feel now we have the fellows to try this. And I’m excited. (It’s necessary) we stay together as a team through ups, downs, wins, losses.
The Record is a nonprofit, nonpartisan community newsroom that relies on reader support to fuel its independent local journalism.
Subscribe to The Record to fund responsible news coverage to your community.
Already a subscriber? You possibly can make a tax-deductible donation at any time.